About Me

My photo
I am a cool guy. Always like to enjoy anything in life. Thinks about present and I wont worry about future :)

Monday, November 8, 2010

An Unforgettable Hostel Day :) :)

Hi friends, after getting a kind of good response for my previous post, Iam writing this. Thanks for all your valuable comments to my previous post and your constant encouragement only makes me to write more. So please go through the post and give your comments.
I was doing my first year of engineering. It was almost about to complete. That was the time “hostel day” celebrations began. I was really interested in all sporting events. I love sports more than studies. But I never got a chance to play right from my school days, since my school had no ground at all. I usually love to play cricket, football and shuttle. Since there was no cricket and football, I thought of participating in shuttle during the “Hostel day” celebrations.
In the very first game itself I had a match with my roommate Rajesh Vitta. He is one of the best players in badminton. On the first match itself I lost to him. I got “1 point” but he got “15 points” and he won(that 1 point also he simply left it for me as I was his roommate)
I was totally upset on that day. Then I sat on one corner and watched all the matches. That was the first time for me to play shuttle in indoor auditorium. I enjoyed  watching other players. Atlast my room mate got 3 rd place only. One guy called s.j from cse dept, got 1st prize. Actually he is a state level player. He had the ability to smash in reverse also. Really he is a great player. That day I decided that we have to play atleast once with this guy and have to get atleast 1 point.
Then  days went on, I was in my second year. That time we got room in hostel, which was very nearer to shuttle court. Here I had a friend  called “Belbin”(My shuttle guru).I know this guy from my 1st yr itself. But I never knew that he was a good shuttle player till that time. Then one day I got an opportunity to play shuttle with him. Then only I came to know that he is a nice player. From then on, he became a kind of coach to me. Usually  Belbin(mokkai mani), Balaji(muttai baraji) , Glady(quarter mama) and myself will go and play from 3 30 to 6. After getting coached by Belbin, I started smashing easily. Then  2 or 3 times I defeated Belbin itself. After, almost a year of coaching, again the hostel day came. We participated this time too. In singles event, I went upto quarter finals this time. But lost to a guy called Abhishek  from ece dept. On that game I got so many serves but I wasted almost every serve. Each and every time I served, it went out.  I practiced using plastic cock but in the match they gave me feather cock. L L
Then in doubles event, Belbin  was my partner.We easily won all the matches and we reached finals. Here in finals, we faced sj(state player) and  shakthi(district) duo. They never faced a defeat in this past 2 years. So my classmates were telling us ”machi epudiyum thothiduvinga asingama thokathinga da”(means u will surely lose but at least give a decent fight da). Our match with them was scheduled at 9 PM. We were really eager to play with them.
Match started, only my friend Balaji was there to encourage us. Match was going on with full excitement. Match was equally poised till 8 and we both had equal points. We got tired. Neither of us could get a point for quite some time. Then they started getting more points. Whenever we made a smash, sj easily took it. Then the score became 14-9. We had only 9 points.
They had only one serve left for them and they needed just one point to win the game.  Then when he was about to serve, we smiled and he too smiled. Everyone thought we were going to lose(including us).  But he smiled and casually served. He smashed it into the net. Then we got 2 fresh serves. But we could make the points from 9 to just 10. Then it was service cut for us. But this time in the 2 serves they couldn’t get a point. We again got a chance to serve, this time we targeted Sakthi and it worked for us too. Belbin started serving and started getting more points. It was deuce (14-14) then. But we didn’t get satisfied with it and made some excellent deliveries and smashes and the scores became 16- 14. We won the match. The match went for some 45 minutes. We were flying and shouting inside the auditorium. We were really excited and couldn’t believe that we won. That was an awesome moment in my life. All the credits go to Belbin only and I dedicate this post to my “Shuttle Guru” Belbin. J J

18 comments:

Hari said...

macha... sokka ezhuthura da :)

N.Amirtha Deepan said...

Thanks a lot da machi.....:)

Unknown said...

Nice blog, felt like i visited the college again. keep writing ..:-)

N.Amirtha Deepan said...

hmm thanks yaar.:)

prakash said...

wow ur blog had made me to roll back to our hostel days..... hei dubuku even i was there with u and belbin when u guys made that victory... and in this blog u didn't mention how u guys heve got the 1st place(u lost in the final to the juniors but influenced to the first place)i pity those juniors........

N.Amirtha Deepan said...

machi is it neeyuma encourage panna vantha????sorry dude totally i forgot da..........machi athu ch28 mathiri da...finals laam jeikurathu illa:( :)

prakash said...

thu intha pozhupuku thookula thongalam

N.Amirtha Deepan said...

ha ha.....good joke da dog:)

Unknown said...

You just remind me the Golden days da!!!

N.Amirtha Deepan said...

ya really those are golden days machi:)
thanks da for ur comment

Belbin said...

Dae..Guru laam rombaa over..... Seri..Game ah innum improve pannu da... Chance kidaikrapa laam

N.Amirtha Deepan said...

hmm sure da...but college mudicha piragu ithu varai antha chancae kedaikula da :( :(
will try:)

rathna_ragavi said...

hi anna ur blog is so intersting.I know about ur sports skill from my young age. In this u have proved it. dont leave the touch, keep on practising...

Unknown said...

hai deepu,
i'm really proud to see ur writing ability.More than u ,I'm much worried that u didnt get a chance to expose ur sports skill.I'm sorry, I was also responsible forit, forI didnt join u in aschool with playground.Keep in touch with sports, whenever uget achance.Continue writing,All the best.

N.Amirtha Deepan said...

Thanks Amma....Ya sure...Thats not ur mistake, in our place it was de good school. No problem in that, I have learned many gud things beyond sports. Thanks for ur comment:)

N.Amirtha Deepan said...

@Rathna Ragavi : Thank my dear sister...Yaaaaaa sure :)

Ratna said...

Hi Deepu its really really superb da... Its not like blog its like Chetan Bhagat's book... I wish me too write like u da... I don know whether u remem, in our tenth or something we quoted same eg of Robert Bosch's poem 'Road not Taken' that time I thought I must read ur writing but my wish fulfilled today.. And ur experience also g8 da it shows ur passion to play... Proud of u bro...

N.Amirtha Deepan said...

@ Rathu : Thank u so much for comment...U too write, I will be the first fan of u for ur blog. Yen blog ae Chetan Bhagat's story na, ur blog think pannu?? chance ae illa superb aah irukum. Write soon and tell me..