About Me

My photo
I am a cool guy. Always like to enjoy anything in life. Thinks about present and I wont worry about future :)

Thursday, February 17, 2011

HIndi Nahi maalum :( :( [Life at PUNE]

Before 4 months me and my Cognizant batch mates Anand and Harish gone to Pune for a project. At first we were very excited to see a new place. After days going we struggled a lot, because of food and language. We managed food somehow, but not the language. Anyway we got nice people there. Even though we got good friends, but we got struck alone in some places.
Scene 1
Usually cab comes to pickup us to office. We have no problem to go in cab, because always our Hindi guru Harish will be there with us. So that he will talk in Hindi with the driver. None of the driver knows English. After project started we have to go in shifts. So Timings got changed for us. So I asked Harish, to teach me some words in Hindi. Usually driver will call us before he comes. So that we can get ready and come outside. If he is coming late means, we have to call him. So Harish told me to ask him "aap kahe hey". That means "where are you?”. So that he will say some road name. That day for me alone afternoon shift:( . After I got ready, I called the driver by standing in the road.
ME: Hello baiyaa!! Aap kaha hey??
Driver: *%&&* %#&& ##%&&% !!
ME: (I was thinking, why this idiot not telling the road name..Ok we will keep on repeating) Aap kaha hey?? Aap kaha hey??
Driver : *%&&* %#&& ##%&&% *%&&* %#&& ##%&&%
Me: kaha hey baiya kaha hey??
Driver :*%&&* %#&& ##%&&% *%&&* %#&& ##%&&% *%&&* %#&& ##%&&% *%&&* %#&& ##%&&% *%&&* %#&& ##%&&%
Me: ?????????????????????????????????????????? (I got irritated :( Hindi kathukama poitomae :'( :'( Then I am going to cut the call; I was seeing one guy shaking his hand from opposite!! Then only I found out that was him only)
[So he was telling these many times I am standing opposite only, but i can’t understand :( ]

Scene 2

One day, I was so hungry, but both of them told they are going to veg hotel. So me alone had gone to non veg hotel. Then I ordered fried rice and eating happily :) :)
Me : Baiyaa lemon??
Server : !!!!! (Blinking)
Me : (Then I acted like squeezing a lemon on fried rice) [anyway dumb c helped!!]
Server : oh nimbu!! ok ok
Me : baiya!! Slice??
Server : (going fast near the fridge. Then he is taking slice)
Me : baiya cooling hey?
Server : (Keeps the bottle inside and starring at the fridge for some time)
Me : ?? (I was confused)
Server : Pepsi, coke, thumps up hey cooling nahi hey
Me : !!!!!! (Oh god!! he thought cooling means a cool drinks name) hey!!! Slice ok
Server : ok
Me : It was cold only (Pesama kekamalae irunthirukalaam[For eng readers: Better I shouldn’t ask him]
So Friends if we get a chance to learn a language, we should have an interest to learn it. At least a basic if we learnt means, we can avoid such situations in your life. Enjoy the way how life comes to us. See you in next post.

4 comments:

Harish.M said...

Nice write up Deepan.. This post reminds me of the days we spent together in Pune.. You could have written more..

There is a kind of novelty in your writings.. Go ahead machi :-)

This post actually inspires me to write a post about our Pune stay :-) Keep writing.. Keep rocking :-)

N.Amirtha Deepan said...

Thanks da :)
It was a nice experience for us. We cant forget it our life.
hope u too write something abt our trip soon...waiting for it :)

Ratna said...

Lol super Deepu!!!

Ratna said...

Lol super Deepu!!!